The companionship and unconditional love we receive from a loving pet touches our hearts and makes us feel good. This is wonderful medicine for hospice patients and their family members.
Physical benefits of pet therapy
A simple visit from a gentle dog can produce significant health benefits:
- Reducing blood pressure
- Releasing calming endorphins
- Relieving pain
- Decreasing stress
- Increasing relaxation
Emotional benefits of pet therapy
- Reducing depression, anxiety and loneliness
- Encouraging communication
- Providing an uplifting break
- Creating a physical connection through touch
- Sparking memories of beloved family pets
Want to volunteer?
Call (561) 227-5138 for information on volunteering for Trustbridge.
Want to learn more?
Call Canine Assisted Therapy (C.A.T) at (954) 990-5175 or visit catdogs.org to find out about pet therapy training and certification.